Questions, Discussions & Feedback

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by maidengaming maidengaming 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    roztoow
    Spectator

This is my feedback after 12 hours of gameplay and 34 euros invested.

First, the good stuff. The game looks great. I am very impressed with the production value that is already here in the alpha. The way you have it set up right now with “pvp”, missions and homebase related activities gives a nice variety. Before I was cautiously optimistic that this would finally be a sexy game with BOTH good visuals AND gameplay, now I am sure. I had been sitting on 13th place in the key request channel for a year, but it was worth the wait.

However, I have some points that I would like to see improved:

1. It is difficult to figure out what the gameplay loop is currently. I had to force myself to not bail on the game for the first two hours to figure out what I’m supposed to be doing with my time and where to unlock/obtain what.

2. It is not clear that the “training” mission is supposed to be repeated

3. It is not clear that PVP is not actually PVP. I felt bad for crushing the other person every game, but once I knew it was not a real person the game became much more fun and less stressful. So much so actually, that I immediately knew I would be playing for longer and got 2 weeks of premium and 10k diamonds. So making this clear would help people like me at least, people who think pvp is stressful even when easily winning.

4. Buying diamonds doesn’t show the larger and more efficient packs until you click on them. For me this meant until I had already decided to buy some. So while I was pleasantly surprised, I would have made the decision to buy much sooner had I known that there were more efficient packs.

5. Nude pack is not worth it for me. Maybe armor customization with topless elements down the line, or nudity in the homepage avatar for instance would. I don’t use the Poser3D mode, so it ended up being just a pack that gives me titties and stamina refill once my premium runs out basically. I don’t regret it as I think it is good enough to support the game for now, but I would really like to see it have an effect outside of non-gameplay environments. Even if you just let me run naked through the base.

6. Tails needs physics, clothes need more physics. The run animation is so jerky from left to right, that it makes these elements look very unnatural without physics.

7. Gun range is glitchy as hell, I’m a good shot but often it just doesn’t register even on full auto

8. Duplicate drops from epic crates suck, especially duplicate background artwork.

9. Getting the “use an xp ticket” daily sucks, I almost lost my streak because I did not find a single ticket in 11 hours of play. I just happened to get a ticket with the Spins. Even so, I decided to no longer chase the dailies as one bad RNG out of a couple dozen in a week can ruin it all, I don’t have enough spare time to justify that risk.

10. Movement can be snappier, less floaty. I think you tried to make it realistic, but I think you can bend the laws of physics a bit here in the same way the breast sliders bend them.

roztoow
    Spectator

I guess I can’t edit, but I would like to add the following:

I am someone who is looking for a game with sexy/nudity elements, not a nudity simulator with some half-baked game elements attached (like most competitors are). I hope LoM will go in that direction (it does appear to be).

maidengaming
    maidengaming
    Keymaster

Amazing feedback. Thank you so much for your investment of time and financial support. It is very much appreciated. Some of the things you pointed out are new and will be logged and reviewed. There are a number of things mentioned that we already have a gameplan for. I’ll list them below.

1. It is difficult to figure out what the gameplay loop is currently. I had to force myself to not bail on the game for the first two hours to figure out what I’m supposed to be doing with my time and where to unlock/obtain what.

*We agree 100%. So much so that we had an entire meeting 2 days ago discussing that we need to come up with a sound loop that the player can understand early enough in the gameplay process to anticipate what they are in for. We definitely recognize this as a problem and we are actively working on it.

2. It is not clear that the “training” mission is supposed to be repeated

*This is part of the loop issue. The mission today is meant to serve as a sample of what is to come. Today it isn’t complete in the mechanics seen in mission mode and the cycle for which you would expect to have to return to mission mode. Part of that will be resolved when we finish architecting the gameplay loop which will include questing. Questing that will lead you in and out of different (not just the one) mission. Similarly to how warframe works.

3. It is not clear that PVP is not actually PVP. I felt bad for crushing the other person every game, but once I knew it was not a real person the game became much more fun and less stressful. So much so actually, that I immediately knew I would be playing for longer and got 2 weeks of premium and 10k diamonds. So making this clear would help people like me at least, people who think pvp is stressful even when easily winning.

*Excellent point. Didn’t think about this. Noted and we will figure something out here.

4. Buying diamonds doesn’t show the larger and more efficient packs until you click on them. For me this meant until I had already decided to buy some. So while I was pleasantly surprised, I would have made the decision to buy much sooner had I known that there were more efficient packs.

*Excellent point. Didn’t think about this. Noted and we will figure something out here.

5. Nude pack is not worth it for me. Maybe armor customization with topless elements down the line, or nudity in the homepage avatar for instance would. I don’t use the Poser3D mode, so it ended up being just a pack that gives me titties and stamina refill once my premium runs out basically. I don’t regret it as I think it is good enough to support the game for now, but I would really like to see it have an effect outside of non-gameplay environments. Even if you just let me run naked through the base.

*With not only the nude pack but the premium account, we expect this to be an ongoing process of identifying more ways to add value to these systems. In the past the nude pack and premium account offered 1/4 of what is available today. Months from now, what we are offering today will be a 1/4 of what is available down the line. It is a process of constantly asking ourselves how we can make these offerings more valuable while offering it at a reasonable price. We already have some very creative and innovative ideas to add value to both of these offerings that will come to light in the near future. With that said the best response is that if you find either of these marginally worth the cost today, in the future it will be a no brainer.

6. Tails needs physics, clothes need more physics. The run animation is so jerky from left to right, that it makes these elements look very unnatural without physics.

*Agree 100%. But this is on the lower end of the spectrum when it comes to priority. Physics is a huge resource hog. Our goal is to get the game optimized first. Once this is done and the game runs as smoothly as we would like we can then come back around and implement physics on lower priority aspects of the game. Being that we are only in alpha we would expect this to come much later in the process.

7. Gun range is glitchy as hell, I’m a good shot but often it just doesn’t register even on full auto

*This one is new to us. In our testing we haven’t had any issues. Can you provide more details as to the bugs you are seeing?

8. Duplicate drops from epic crates suck, especially duplicate background artwork.

*Today duplicate drops are an issue especially for artwork because a majority of the prizes from epic crates are desktop artwork. But as we add more value to the epic crate (there is an unlimited number of gun skins and capes that we can add with time) and offer more compelling prizes this will be less of an issue. Today it seems that duplicates are a problem but that is mostly because this is the first pass at offerings in the epic crate. In time what is available to win in the crates will be significantly increased in both the number and the diversity of the items.

9. Getting the “use an xp ticket” daily sucks, I almost lost my streak because I did not find a single ticket in 11 hours of play. I just happened to get a ticket with the Spins. Even so, I decided to no longer chase the dailies as one bad RNG out of a couple dozen in a week can ruin it all, I don’t have enough spare time to justify that risk.

10. Movement can be snappier, less floaty. I think you tried to make it realistic, but I think you can bend the laws of physics a bit here in the same way the breast sliders bend them.

*Our movement and melee system in particular are always evolving and improving. If you were to look at what these systems looked like in 1.0.0a build and how these systems work in 1.3.0a you wouldn’t expect the same company developed both systems. With that being said we are always improving and will continue to improve mainly by receiving great feedback (as you have provided) as well as reviewing existing systems in the market with the focus on how we can improve the current iteration.

With that said THANK YOU for your amazingly precise and constructive feedback. We absolutely love understanding both what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong and it is feedback like this that will ultimately help us to improve our product and succeed as a company. You are the best of what the Maiden Nation has to offer. We can’t thank you enough for taking the time.

– maidengaming

roztoow
    Spectator

Thanks for the detailed reply.

Regarding the gun range issue, I think I can best explain it from a fellow developer’s perspective:
    The trigger to allow the player to “hit” the target does not sync up with the animation of the target opening. I think I’m not allowed to hit it during the animation by design, but sometimes it takes over a second after the animation is done for a hit to register. Even firing full-auto at the target does not register during this time. I’m running on a 144hz gsync monitor, perhaps that is messing with some timings?

maidengaming
    maidengaming
    Keymaster

Great! Thanks for the clarification!

– maidengaming

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.