Questions, Discussions & Feedback

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by maidengaming maidengaming 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

gta3user
    Participant

Hello, I got the game key recently and this is my first and completely toxic review.
    For the first: I LIKE the game and want to help with my review to make League of Maidens better. Positive and sweet reviews may cause your ass stick together 😀
    For making its short and useful I’ve put everything to the list.

– Jukebox has no favorites station list. There many stations(that is not bad) and it takes time to find station what I like every game start.
    – Crates animations are too long(especially for epic crates), yeah its cool and beautiful, but completely not necessary, it’s waste of time and really hurts when you opening 5 or more crater in a row. Also I have to press “Claim” 3 times for epic crates items(“claim” for opening, “claim” under the image of crate content and “claim” after firework animation), that’s stupid.
    – Exiting to the city takes too much time: camera showing me the city parts almost 35 second, it’s a ridiculous. I don’t mind if this is part of the loading or populating the map, but it seems like the unneeded wasting time thing. (But is may be the good thing for showing at first time of course)
    – No ability to collect set higher than 5 tier if my lvl too high, because bosses always drop gear same lvl as my maiden.
    – “Claim all” button isn’t working as it should be, I still must to watch the firework animation for every single item, and press “Claim” afterwards.
    – Jiggle physics for breasts looks weird, it wobbles like a jelly.
    – Time Step spins are too much long. It’s really hurts, while I can’t speed up it some ways. I even tried to close window right after the spin, hoping its make its progress on background with or without reward, but I just waste my spin.
    – Overall too more unneeded UI animations(claim fireworks, showing and hiding animations for UI elements). It takes time, and slows down UI interaction. I’ll be more appreciated if developers don’t waste their time to UI decorations, but more gameplay content.
    – When the mission out of time, loading out to the base happens. No! I don’t want to be loaded out, I want to replay. If I complete the mission, I have the choice to exit or play again. Why I have’t same choice when I fail? By the way: maybe game should ask me for spending 1 “time ticket” when the time runs out.
    – “Crafting ticket” costs 10.000, while the upgrading payment choice with coins is 20.000, what the point? Maybe it’s should it be 2 tickets when price raises?
    Craft payment choiceCrafting ticket

– Another huge time wasting is waiting for the loot from the boss. It’s takes about 50 seconds. Yes, it’s funny to kicking ragdoll for a few times, but it’s getting boring later.

bugs:
    – Jukebox stops playing after defending the base.
    – Rank outside the base higher then inside: e.g. “champion” inside the base and “nemesis” outside.
    – Maximum relationship with soldiers freezes them and they can’t do anything, talking with those soldiers are block any actions and requires restarting the game.
    bugged soldier

– I can gift ammo to soldiers, e.g. rocket missile gives +23 relationship progress, giving it 3 times allows to max relationship very fast. I don’t know bug it or it should be, but with this ability I really don’t care about giving normal gifts, or talking with soldiers for rise relationship.
    – After I has raise relationship with one of the soldiers to max lvl I found this (see screenshot) in UI, and it doesn’t disappear even after I’ve close and reopening game client and rebooting the PC. I can only see this while being inside the base.
    Soldier on the screen at the base

– when I use death contact instead of money, that freezes the game completely, and requires stop the game from the task manager.
    – missing texture on Ford GT.
    Ford GT missing texture

– Gear listed in the receptionist shop has “book” attribute, on the screenshot comparison between one from the inventory
    Helmet from the shopHelmet from the inventory

– Same thing as listed before: ammo from the shop has “materia” string, while in the inventory it called “munitions”
    – Even if I fill BP via the cube, looks like I have to do a mission or battle for triggering guardian lvl up.

questions:
    – I don’t found a use for the “bio samples” from the bosses, the “Immortal souls” and this NPC on the roof (see screenshot)
    strange NPC

– I’ve find some graffiti on russian, that means you are russian or maybe speak russian? It’s my native language 😀
    Russian graffity 1Russian graffity 2

Keep your good work, guys!
    I really hope my review helps for a bit.

maidengaming
    maidengaming
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback and the bug reporting. I wouldn’t call your review toxic. Actually I see this as a very helpful way to provide critism to improve the game. We appreciate you taking the time. We’ve logged all of your issues and will get them reviewed and fixed.

Thanks again for playing and helping us to improve the game!

– maidengaming

Antimatter
    Participant

Agree with most of the above critiques. While I am having a great time playing, there are some areas that I have noticed that I would like to bring to your attention. Please take them as you will and do understand they are observations that could be beneficial improvements.

Some other aspects I’ve noticed:

Categories For Crafting Material VS Treasure Etc.
    – I’ve accidentally sold some valuable crafting material while clicking on the treasure once I had sold it. It might be a good idea to segregate the crafting material from treasure as not to accidentally sell the crafting objects or vica versa.

Reflection of City Glass
    – From my perspective it looks as if it is an image overlay and not the actual reflection. Come to think of it, it don’t recall it reflecting the character either. Not sure if this is a software limitation but it takes away from some of the immersion.

Computer Interface
    – Typing in !shards or !assets over and over can get repetitive. It was a bit confusing to navigate as it wasn’t intuitive and took a little bit to figure out. It might be better if it was simplified as this is a primary means of interaction.

Battle Assets
    – To be blunt, I had no idea how to initiate troops, tanks, turrets, ships or aircraft. After some experimenting, I think I finally figured it out by selecting the asset before the lane opens. After the lane is opened, I am not sure how to change or add additional assets during the battle. This could be explained through a tutorial mission.

Beginners Tutorial
    – I know this would involve some programming, yet an optional tutorial to teach the player the basic functions could be helpful to educate the mechanics of the game. Even giving the character some exp/shards/gold to get them an incentive to participate in the tutorial would help.

Player Interaction
    – Not sure if it is due to the Alpha Release but I haven’t had the chance to meet with any other of the players in game.

Class Listing of Rank
    – As I am proud to be on the top 100 leader board my class is not listed to show that I am kicking ass as a Healer Class. This could inspire other characters to be Healers too. It would also be cool to have a profile picture associated with the leader board for visual reference and time played stats for bragging rights. Also, I am not sure how the leader board is weighted. Is it a percentage of BP? Victories? Matches?

Bench Mark Victory’s
    – As I have amassed over 50 victory’s in battle, I am unaware of any sort of achievement. It would be cool to earn some legacy exp for your first 25, 50, 75, 100…etc. or however you would like to so that there is some incentive for surpassing victory marks.

Transferable Armor/Weapon Stat Increase
    – I spent many hours amassing points for weapons and armor, but when I wanted to change, I realized it is not transferable. While the new outfits actually cost money, it almost is a disincentive as you have to start the process all over to raise the HP/DEF/DMG stats all over again.

Disappearing Weapon
    – I have not hidden the weapon and yet my characters weapon is hidden. Also, it would be nice to hide the shield bu I am not sure how to do so unless I unequipped it. Maybe a key could allow you to hide either the shield, sword, or both.

Weapon/Shield Effects
    – Not sure if you plan this later, but the weapons are static and it would be cool if you could modify the weapons/shields to have static lighting or motion effects (ie floating skulls, sparks, electrical pulses).

Transformation
    – Maybe it is me, but when I do the transformation, the character does not transform into the alternative outfit/look. Furthermore, I am not sure if it is reduced in HP/DMG/HP if the outfit is less than the primary outfit/look.

Lock Sliders And Default Settings
    – I do enjoy to tweak the character in many different forms and I am a HUGE fan of personalizing the look of the character. One area I struggled with getting it right was the butt portion. It might be a good idea to have a slider lock so it keeps the perspective of certain body parts proportional. Also, maybe a default setting for individual sliders so that if you loose your perspective and proportion you can always go back to the beginning.

Crafting
    – For crafting I haven’t seen the need to perform anything less than 50% chance that is really worth it. I am not sure how to make this more viable, but as you get into the higher ranks, the cost is super high to purchase an upgrade and taking the risk for crafting is almost imperative. Yet, there are very few options for the crafting materials. Is there an auction house forecast because I am not sure how to acquire higher levels of crafting materials. Maybe recipes for crafting could be a more viable solution, and obtaining the recipe is a drop or purchase. Also, not sure if you are thinking of specific subset of skill crafting like armor, weapons, ammo, tickets, alchemy.

Troop Friends
    Not sure what the benefit is making friends with troops. Do they perform better on the battlefield? Do they open up new quests? Are you able to have “cough” relations? Can you marry?

Well, that is all I can think of for now. Thank you again for all your hard work and I look forward to the LOM evolution revolution!! Stay strong and keep up all the great work. BACK TO IT!

maidengaming
    maidengaming
    Keymaster

@antimatter, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Here are the responses below.

Categories For Crafting Material VS Treasure Etc.
    – I’ve accidentally sold some valuable crafting material while clicking on the treasure once I had sold it. It might be a good idea to segregate the crafting material from treasure as not to accidentally sell the crafting objects or vica versa.

*We are aware of this issue. Would need to set aside some time to figure out a good solution for it without slowing down the ability to sell valuables. Also we’d prefer to not have to seperate crafting materia since lower grade materia can be good for selling. We will improve this over time.

Reflection of City Glass
    – From my perspective it looks as if it is an image overlay and not the actual reflection. Come to think of it, it don’t recall it reflecting the character either. Not sure if this is a software limitation but it takes away from some of the immersion.

*Noted. Will review.

Computer Interface
    – Typing in !shards or !assets over and over can get repetitive. It was a bit confusing to navigate as it wasn’t intuitive and took a little bit to figure out. It might be better if it was simplified as this is a primary means of interaction.

*You don’t have to type out the full command. You can simply type the number for the command which is much faster. This information can be found in the help section below the list of commands. The interface is meant to replicate a command based interace which provides a different feel by design.

Battle Assets
    – To be blunt, I had no idea how to initiate troops, tanks, turrets, ships or aircraft. After some experimenting, I think I finally figured it out by selecting the asset before the lane opens. After the lane is opened, I am not sure how to change or add additional assets during the battle. This could be explained through a tutorial mission.

*Alot of the game will require that you figure out how things work simply because we are in the alpha phase of development. We can’t at this point spend an enormous amount of time and effort explaining to you how to play simply because things like onboarding and tutorials should not be done in early alpha. This is mostly because systems, interfaces and mechanics change drastically as the game is being developed. If we spent the time and effort to create tutorials explaining the details once a mechanic changes we would have to redo the tutorial which is a waste.

Beginners Tutorial
    – I know this would involve some programming, yet an optional tutorial to teach the player the basic functions could be helpful to educate the mechanics of the game. Even giving the character some exp/shards/gold to get them an incentive to participate in the tutorial would help.

*Same answer as above. Not something that would be done in alpha. We had tutorials early on and they were quickly outdated which resulted in a huge waste of time and effort.

Player Interaction
    – Not sure if it is due to the Alpha Release but I haven’t had the chance to meet with any other of the players in game.

*The game does not yet feature multiplayer lobbies. This is something we plan to incorporate after initial open alpha when revenue has been generated to sustain servers for multiplayer interactions.

Class Listing of Rank
    – As I am proud to be on the top 100 leader board my class is not listed to show that I am kicking ass as a Healer Class. This could inspire other characters to be Healers too. It would also be cool to have a profile picture associated with the leader board for visual reference and time played stats for bragging rights. Also, I am not sure how the leader board is weighted. Is it a percentage of BP? Victories? Matches?

*Noted. Will review.

Bench Mark Victory’s
    – As I have amassed over 50 victory’s in battle, I am unaware of any sort of achievement. It would be cool to earn some legacy exp for your first 25, 50, 75, 100…etc. or however you would like to so that there is some incentive for surpassing victory marks.

*Great idea! Logged!

Transferable Armor/Weapon Stat Increase
    – I spent many hours amassing points for weapons and armor, but when I wanted to change, I realized it is not transferable. While the new outfits actually cost money, it almost is a disincentive as you have to start the process all over to raise the HP/DEF/DMG stats all over again.

*We look at it in a different way. Mostly because our incentive prioritizes gameplay over making money. The system today allows for you to have endless possibilities and progression for outfits, wings, shields etc.. Also it makes more sense that the sword or shield etc… that you are training gains the benefit from your work via progression. Sort of like mastering a specific sword like a katana blade. If that is what you are practicing with it makes more logical sense to have that be what you excel with on the battlefield. We prefer a player have many opportunties to engage in the progression of their character (especially those looking to be challenged) as apposed to making it faster/easier.

Disappearing Weapon
    – I have not hidden the weapon and yet my characters weapon is hidden. Also, it would be nice to hide the shield bu I am not sure how to do so unless I unequipped it. Maybe a key could allow you to hide either the shield, sword, or both.

*There is an option to auto-hide your sword on the top of the list where you select your weapon. This is the same for Shields and Wings.

Weapon/Shield Effects
    – Not sure if you plan this later, but the weapons are static and it would be cool if you could modify the weapons/shields to have static lighting or motion effects (ie floating skulls, sparks, electrical pulses).

*Great idea but would probably come in the form of new weapon skins instead of the ability to modify existing skins. Modfiications like that would need to apply to all weapons/shields to prevent a nightmare when it comes to designing UI for players to use. Making a feature like that specific to a specific weapon or shield would be hell to manage.

Transformation
    – Maybe it is me, but when I do the transformation, the character does not transform into the alternative outfit/look. Furthermore, I am not sure if it is reduced in HP/DMG/HP if the outfit is less than the primary outfit/look.

*We are aware of the bugs with Transform. There are several documented bugs to date.

Lock Sliders And Default Settings

– I do enjoy to tweak the character in many different forms and I am a HUGE fan of personalizing the look of the character. One area I struggled with getting it right was the butt portion. It might be a good idea to have a slider lock so it keeps the perspective of certain body parts proportional. Also, maybe a default setting for individual sliders so that if you loose your perspective and proportion you can always go back to the beginning.

*Sliders do have a default value. You can simply right-click the slider to set it back to its default value.

Crafting
    – For crafting I haven’t seen the need to perform anything less than 50% chance that is really worth it. I am not sure how to make this more viable, but as you get into the higher ranks, the cost is super high to purchase an upgrade and taking the risk for crafting is almost imperative. Yet, there are very few options for the crafting materials. Is there an auction house forecast because I am not sure how to acquire higher levels of crafting materials. Maybe recipes for crafting could be a more viable solution, and obtaining the recipe is a drop or purchase. Also, not sure if you are thinking of specific subset of skill crafting like armor, weapons, ammo, tickets, alchemy.

*Crafting materials today can be acquired by killing the Fallen and World Bosses in Freedom City. In the future there will be additional ways to acquire materia.

Troop Friends
    Not sure what the benefit is making friends with troops. Do they perform better on the battlefield? Do they open up new quests? Are you able to have “cough” relations? Can you marry?

*Troop relationships is a mechanic we are testing and is not fully implemented. We have several ideas but have not made a decision as to what direction we will go in or if we will remove the mechanic altogether.

Well, that is all I can think of for now. Thank you again for all your hard work and I look forward to the LOM evolution revolution!! Stay strong and keep up all the great work. BACK TO IT!

*Again thank you so much for your feedback and we hope your enjoying the game!

– maidengaming

Antimatter
    Participant

Thank you for your attention to detail. I cannot thank you enough for your dedication and feedback. You have an incredible work ethic and it really is inspiring. Sincerely, it is greatly appreciated how much you actually care, listen, and are willing to communicate.

maidengaming
    maidengaming
    Keymaster

Thank you so much for your kind words! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.